E.A. Mattes Sheepskin Pads are made with only the finest quality sheepskin and a one-at-a-time mentality that ensures product quality.
Matte's Pads are handmade from start to finish with attention to detail that is unparalleled. Each hide is thoroughly inspected, hand picked for quality, and made with full hides to ensure no seams contact the horse’s back.
Now before we go any further on the EA Mattes Saddle Blanket - at The Eventer's Boutique we are more than happy to offer advice, and can email you through any and all colour combinations you are considering so you can see the colour combinations together.
You can email us email@example.com
Please also consider when buying your new EA Mattes custom made saddle blanket from The Eventer's Boutique that you get to enjoy;
Find our more HERE
Design - The anatomically correct topline design of Mattes Sheepskin Pads follows the contours of the horse’s back and allows for a perfect fit under the saddle. The patented SPINE FREE Design ensures the spine is not in contact with any seams, fabric, or tension which eliminates the risk of rubs and pressure on the sensitive area of the back around the spine.
Function - Sheepskin has long been known for it’s amazing natural properties including heat dissemination, breathability and the ability to eliminate friction and bounce. This cannot be imitated by wool pile, artificial fibres or foam.
Correction System - The Mattes CORRECTION-SYSTEM was recently rated the #1 therapeutic pad on the equine market by the Horse Journal.
The Mattes CORRECTION-SYSTEM helps maintain balance and straightness for horses that change form through the seasons or have asymmetries. POLY-FLEX Shims are resilient, do not 'bottom-out' like foam or other materials and allow incremental adjustments to be made easily. The shims are 5mm thick, designed to be layered, and are easily trimmed with scissors to taper the ends and create a pressure free fit if multiple shims are necessary. It also gives riders the ability to balance their own saddles without the need to call in a professional saddle fitter.
- High Quality twill fabric, as used to produce heavy duty work clothing
- The inside is a double laminate of POLYFLEX (deep needled polyester felt) and polyester wadding - this construction is absolutely air permeable
- No foam, neoprene or gel or similar material
- Mattes Quilt-Design results in a quilt that is firm enough to keep its shape. It does not get lump and it does not turn limp. Thus excellent washing and drying properties. Even after many washings no breaking of laminate along the seams
- Anatomical correct shape, high wither cut, hence no pressure in the wither area
- A choice of more than 25 colours
Mattes Lambskin is made from lambskins selected after our own specifications with extreme dense and resilient wool
- Since lambskin has an open structure, air can flow between the fibres, therefore it equalises temperature, it is ideal in summer and winter
- Can absorb up to 8-times its wool weight in moisture before it feels wet
- The resilience of the wool is ideal for pressure distribution
- The upright standing wool fibres can slide against each other, therefore absolutely no friction or chafing nor rubbing on the horses skin
- Lambskin, because of the afore-mentioned structures, allows development of the muscles
- 33 Colours to choose from!
*IMPORTANT* There is a possibility of dye bleeding from dark or bright coloured skin onto light coloured quilt. A slight staining is possible from dark or bright coloured wool onto the hair of gray horses. Fading of the wools surface is also possible. This is due to the composition of the horses’ sweat, which can be different from horse to horse. The same applies to dark and bright dyes on saddle leathers.
- There are NO exchanges or returns on any Mattes products as these are custom made for you. Please ensure you have measured and chosen your colours correctly.
- All Mattes products are custom made in Europe so please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery
Buy Now & Pay Later with Afterpay!